Friday, May 26, 2006

After one week in HK

Hong Kong is as beautiful as ever. Though it has been mostly cloudly the time I have been here. I am counting every drop of rain as blessings.

Funny, people say this is a fast pace city, I usually find myself walking faster everybody else. Whenever Jenny and I are running around in the city, we constantly have to remind ourselves to slow down and enjoy what God is showing before us.

It has been 18 years since my family have moved away from this city in search for the "Canadian" dream (lol), but it seems like I did not skip a beat in terms of keeping up with the pace of this city.

Spending the week here I grew to appreicate the politeness of the people in Canada. How fortunate I have to grow up in Toronto. Yet, my heart goes out to those in Hong Kong -- sick and tired for things that are fake, and longing for what's real.

--> Scenery Photos

Tuesday, May 23. Macau.
Went to Macau with Jenny and her Aunt and grandma. This is the first time all three of them have been to Macau, so I became the tour guide. Hahaha... and what a terrible tour guide I was. I just love the street of Macau, you can get lost in one and never see the light of day again.
I am amazed at Jenny's grandma's endurance. Praise the Lord. We covered a great distance on foot and yet she was able to keep up without any trouble.

--> Macau Photos







Wednesday, May 24, Wetland Park
What a blessing to witness the nature in HK. I took this opportunity to venture into NT (a whole different country to me) up to Sheung Shui to meet up with Jenny and head off to Wetland Park.
http://www.wetlandpark.com/en/index.asp
We were blessed with awesome weather for a nature walk. It was cloudy but did not really rain. I my opinion, they did an excellent job putting this park together. Combining a nature reserve with educational component. It was definitately more fun than self-guided nature walks in Ontario.
It is too bad that the population in Hong Kong have yet to learn to appericate nature. They are looking for a specticule, expecting the wildlife to put on a show. Also they need to learn to repect nature.
All in all, we had a great time. Learned a lot about the wetlands too.

--> Wetland Park Photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home